Are you looking for a professional mobile app developer in Ahmedabad for developing a superior quality mobile application for your customers?
The use of mobile has increased drastically in recent years especially during the time of the Covid pandemic. Most of the work can be done through mobile phones using different mobile applications. Today, we have mobile applications for each and every task that we have to do in our daily lives. We can say that mobile application is a program or software which is designed to run on mobile devices like phone, tablet, or smartwatch.
Initially, mobile apps were created to assist in productivity by creating an email, calendar, and contact databases, and later on, with the increase in demand, the mobile application development has expanded in many other areas like gaming, online shopping, healthcare, etc. and for all of them, we have a lot of apps available on Google Play Store and IOS’s App store.
On average there are more than 592 million apps were downloaded every day in 2019, however, only 32% of apps were able to retain their customers because of the disappointment they face. As one can see, it’s really tough to retain users and make them return to your app. Retaining and returning users basically depend on the app’s user experience. For that, you have to make sure that each and every functionality, features, or page of your mobile app must work exceptionally well and attract the users. To make your app perform exceptionally, you must test your application before making it live. Here comes the mobile application testing process into the picture.
Mobile application testing is the process where the functionality, features, UI, and usability of software that is developed for the mobile devices are being tested. There are different types of mobile app testing techniques followed by testers, let’s have a look:
- Functional Testing: It is performed to test that the application should be able to perform all the tasks that are required for its seamless functioning.
- Security Testing: Security testing is important to test that the application must be secured enough so that it is safe from any kind of hacking attack and must comply with all the security standards.
- Usability Testing: Usability testing is required to test that the application must be easy to use and the user can easily find all the features of the application.
- Performance Testing: Performance testing is performed to test the behavior of the application under different conditions like when a phone has low battery, low memory, poor network, and also by running the app simultaneously with other apps.
- Load Testing: Load testing is done to test the application with a large number of users accessing it simultaneously.
- Regression Testing: Regression testing helps to test whether the current or previous functionality of the app is working as usual after the new updates to the app.
Regardless of all the above techniques used by testers to test the mobile application, a tester may face several challenges while testing the mobile app. Some of these app testing challenges are summarized below, let’s have a look:
- Diversity of Devices: There is a number of mobile devices available in the market ranging from smartphones, pads, to tab. It is likely that the app, which is working perfectly on one device, may not work on the other one.
- Different Varieties of Smart Phones: Today, there are different kinds of smartphones available in the market, and executing test scripts on all of them is not possible. So, it will be difficult to say that if the application is working fine on a device should work in the same manner on other devices as well. This is due to the reason that all the devices have different menu structures, input methods, display properties, screen sizes, etc.
- Various Mobile OS and Versions: Due to a different mobile OS (Operation System) and their versions present in the market it becomes quite difficult for a tester to test the application. For example, an application is running perfectly on a particular version of Android OS but not working fine on the advanced version of it. Similarly, it might be possible that the application operating system working fine on Android but facing issues while running on IOS.
To overcome all the above-mentioned challenges, it is important to choose the right testing solution based on what exactly you are looking for in the mobile testing solution.
Moreover, if your mobile application test needs are immense, it will be a good idea to invest in creating your own mobile test lab, or you may also look for solutions to employ an external test lab or explore the cloud mobile lab solutions.
To get complicated applications to work faster, with fewer or no defects, it is vital to choose a professional mobile app developer in Ahmedabad with a team of skilled testers who can assure the quality and efficiency of mobile applications.